Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pink Lemonade + Literature

I love the new novel The Summer We Read Gatsby by Danielle Ganek. In one particular day-after-a-party scene, a girl named Pecksland makes a great lunch out of all the leftover food. She also puts together pink lemonade (you can find another method here) with ginger, mint, and cucumber. I haven't stopped thinking about this lemonade because whenever I read a book or watch a movie and a character is cooking, I immediately want to make the exact same thing.

And I really get into stories with recipes like this one and this one. Oh, and this is amazing, too. Also this. I could read only this type of book and be perfectly content.

1 comment:

Ali - YumVeggieBurger said...

I'm exactly the same way when I read a description of food in a book... sometimes I have to put down the book and go make myself the food that I am craving before I can finish reading, because I'm too distracted otherwise!