Thursday, July 8, 2010

All-Tomato Dinner at The Trolley Stop

That is right! On Sunday, July 25th, I will be the guest chef at The Trolley Stop Market on Madison Ave. in Memphis, TN. What do I have in store for you? Tomatoes, tomatoes, and more tomatoes. I have put together a five-course, vegetarian menu that highlights my favorite summer fruit. Each course will feature a different variety of tomato prepared in a unique way. For example, the third course (pictured here) will be coriander-spiced fried green tomatoes with a cucumber and mint raita. We even have a delicious, sweet tomato dessert in mind.

As if that were not enough, my good friend and sommelier, Michael Hughes, will be pairing each course with a different wine. He has such a surprising take on wine paring that I can't wait to see what he comes up with for this dinner. It is sure to be smashing.

The cost will be between $50-$60 per person. We will seat 25 people, and I will give you the word on tickets as soon as Jill and I get all of the details hammered out. I'm so excited about this event.

5 comments:

Mitch Major said...

Hi Justin. Laurie and I definitely want reservations. I already emailed Trolley Stop so hopefully we're on board already but for what it's worth. . .

Look forward to it!

Mitch Major

Unknown said...

I would also like two reservations, please! I have been following your blog for over a year and hoped to be a part of your dinner group, but this would be a near second!

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

Thanks! Trolley Stop will be selling tickets, so you may want to give them a call (ask for Jill), and I also will post on the blog when they go on sale.

TCV

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

I have posted a ticket update.

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

I'm happy to say it is sold out. 3o lucky folks will be dining with us at the Trolley Stop on Sunday