Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Miso & Sweet Chili Stir Fry with Brown Rice & a Fried Egg

This dish could also be called "The Wife's Nightmare." There is not much on this plate that she would consider eating. I'm not kidding. So I sneak it in at lunch when I can. It is so simple and fast that it makes a great lunch dish, especially if you have the rice pre-made.

3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
1 teaspoon red miso paste
3 tablespoons water
Assorted veggies (celery, carrot, kale sprouts, onion, peppers)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 egg
olive oil
chili hot oil (like layu)
Mix the miso pate, water, and sweet chili in a small bowl. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a large frying pan or wok. Allow the pan to heat up over high heat until the oil shimmers. Add the veggies and toss. Allow them to cook for about 4 minutes before adding your sauce. Cook another minute, and then place veggies over a mound of brown rice. Fry egg in the same pan and place on top of the veggies. Garnish with braggs and chili oil.


Alex said...

Man, that sounds delicious. I'm curious, what specifically would your wife be so opposed to!?

Dazy said...

I'm making this for lunch today. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!