Monday, August 27, 2012

Photos From Quan Am Buddhist Temple

We opted for a feast of glass noodles with shiitake, vegetables fried rice, a rich curry soup, sweet and sour tofu salad, and vegetable spring rolls.
The energy of the market where members of the temple sold food to raise money for the upkeep of the beautiful grounds contrasted with the quiet solitude of the meditation gardens.

The Venerable Thich Nguyen Tanh (top right) presides over an outdoor service which was presented in Vietnamese and translated into English.


6 comments:

Bianca said...

Wow! I wish I'd had you with us to help me find that stuff. Greg and I were kinda nervous about making sure stuff was vegan, and with the whole language barrier, we weren't so adventurous. Looks like you found some great stuff! I wish I'd seen those spring rolls.

tender b. said...

Was this the same one that Vegan Crunk went to? A beautiful array of dishes on your plate.

Adriana Robles said...

It seems like such a wonderful event, and the food looks very delicious! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

Looks like a good time; I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it.

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

Tender, It was the same event. It's so cool that stuff like this goes on in our city.

Hilda said...

What a lovely gathering! Wonderful images too! The food, of course, looks delicious!