Friday, April 24, 2009

Cool Ingredient Alert: Fiddlehead Ferns

Whole Foods has fiddlehead ferns right now. They are so cool looking and taste so fresh. The price looks expensive at 14 dollars a pound, but I got enough for this dish for 3 dollars. They taste like a cross between arugula and asparagus. I would describe the flavor as slightly bitter and grassy. I imagine they would be great on top of a salad or in a stir fry. I used them to top a pizza along with goat cheese and cannellini beans. It was awesome. Go get some.

Reminder:
Veggie Burger Cooking Class
Sunday April 26th
Whole Foods
6pm


1 comment:

Bianca said...

OMG! I'm so excited about this. I didn't know it was possible to find fiddlehead ferns in this area. I always see them on blogs from people who live up North. I'm gonna pick some up when I'm there for your class on Sunday!