- cut leek into approx 1/4 inch disks
- separate disks into individual rings by pushing at the center of each leek disk
- float rings in a bowl of water for ten minutes, then remove making sure not to stir up the dirt at the bottom of the bowl. this is the easiest way to wash them.
- dry rings on a paper towel
- toss rings with a spoonful of flour to coat
- work in batches to fry the tiny rings
- they are ready when they are golden. they only need to cook for about a minute.
Use these tiny onion rings to top just about anything: burgers, hummus, enchiladas........