Monday, April 11, 2011

Watermelon-Jalapeño Margaritas

This came about due to a friend's offhand remark about infusing tequila for a few minutes with a sliced, tiny hot pepper; for a shortcut, just juice it up for a spicy, balanced, and not-too-sweet drink.

Watermelon-Jalapeño Margaritas

1 personal-sized watermelon (no rind, juiced)
1 jalapeño (juiced)
1 lime (juiced)
1 tsp. cane sugar
1 tbsp. agave nectar
pinch of sea salt

Optional:
Maldon salt for rim
reposado tequila

Whisk up the first 6 ingredients and, if you wish, add ice and tequila to the salted glass before pouring in the watermelon mixture.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds lovely - although i would beg to differ that the tequila is "optional"!!! by far a necessity if you lead a life like mine ...

(ps can i share this receipe on my blog?????)

The Chubby Vegetarian said...

please do share!

sheila @ Elements said...

Jalapeno in a margarita???? How weird! How unusual! How creative!! I have to try to it so I've bookmarked it for a day that I get my courage up to do so! :) LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

I had it at a restaurant and was looking for a recipe because it was SO delicious. I see you're a chubby veggie, but have you ever tried bacon vodka? It's great with a bloody mary!