Sunday, June 7, 2009

Radish, Orange, and Mint Salad


We got pretty bored with thinly sliced English breakfast radishes on buttered bread, but had no idea what else there was to do with radishes. I typed in 'radishes' on recipezaar.com and was surprised to see a whole bunch of new options. I wasn't sure about this cold salad at first, but it ended up being really interesting. I added honey to the dressing, and it balanced it out nicely. Do y'all have any other ideas for what we should do with radishes next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you what not to do. :) Don't steam them and bake them unless you want your house to smell like garbage for a week.

-bianca

jacqueline said...

yeah, i added radishes in when making veggie broth once and the whole batch was unusable. that's why radishes are nearly always served cold.

i threw them into a salad with roasted corn and purslane, it was really simple and delicious: http://sweetbeetandgreenbean.net/2009/06/01/roasted-corn-and-purslane-salad-with-a-creamy-dill-dressing/

Unknown said...

I get a ton of radishes from my CSA, so I need ways to use them up. We love to grate them and mix in an asian style dressing with soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger & garlic. My husband and I can eat two bunches of radishes this way in one sitting.