Monday, June 8, 2009

From the Unsolicited Advice Department


Fellow vegetarian food enthusiast and blogger Vegan Dad graciously accepted some unsolicited advice from yours truly. Commenting on his BBQ tofu post I wrote:

"Living in memphis I have learned a lot from my meat loving city mates. Try a dry rub with paprika, sage, garlic powder, black pepper, and nutmeg. Put that on the tofu to marinate. Grill the tofu over high heat to get the grill marks, place over indirect heat, and then sauce it. This method will keep the sugar in the sauce from burning and you have a double wall of flavor."

He calls the updated BBQ recipe Memphis BBQ Tofu. If you have not visited his blog please take the time to do so. He recipes are creative and concise and his photographs are great (that is his tofu photo).

4 comments:

Michele said...

Yum! I have to make this. Thanks for sharing!

Bianca said...

Cool! I love that your spreading the Memphis barbecue secrets to our Vegan Dad in Canada. Dry rubs are the best! I'm working on a dry rub BBQ seitan ribs recipe for my cookbook, in addition to my BBQ pulled-tempeh sammich.

A said...

Good advice!!! I'm going to try it myself!
-A

Unknown said...

My 5 year old is our little vegan BBQ tofu judge in our household way up in Calgary, Alberta here.....Im going to make this and see how it rates...thanks!