2011 was a really fun year here at The Chubby Vegetarian blog. We created some great recipes, got to appear on the Food Network, and (with a lot of help from Kelly and his staff) pulled off an all-vegetarian brunch for 100 people at Restaurant Iris. All of this and we also signed a contract with Thomas Nelson to publish our first cookbook, which will hit the shelves in March of 2013.
We feel very fortunate for all of this, and it's all because of the support of friends like you. So, we'd just like to end this year by saying thank you to everyone who reads the blog, supports what we do, and especially to those of you who inspire us to be creative. We love y'all, and we look forward to a great new year.
Below is a list of some of our favorite recipes from 2011. Enjoy! Here's to a happy, healthy 2012 as well.
- Ratatouille Napoleon
- Caprese Salad in a Jar
- Faux Gras + Blue Cheese & Chives (a.k.a. Savory Seared Pears)
- Nannie's Pound Cake
- The Lime Truck's Corn Cake with BBQ Slaw
- Fried Green Tomato Po' Boy
- Vegetarian Kimchi + Korean BBQ Sliders
- Chilaquiles + Ancho-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- A French Toast Pancake
- Strawberry-Basil Shortcake Sliders
- Indian Nachos with Mint Raita and Black Mustard Seed
- Portobello Mushroom + Spinach Croque Madame with Goat Cheese Bechamel
- Sliced Avocado on Toast
- Triple-Ginger Apple Crisp
- Spicy & Smoky Lentil Taco 'Meat'
- BBQ Tofu Nachos a la Hawkins
- Roast Beet Sandwich
- Chicken-Fried Portobello + Mushroom & Shallot Gravy
- Peach + Tarragon Pesto Pizza
- Smoked Shiitake Bacon over Sweet Potato Grits