Friday, October 28, 2011

La Montagne-style Tofu Fajitas

Way back in August of 2009, I promised that I would publish chef John Bragg's La Montagne tofu fajitas recipe after The Memphis Flyer published our story. Well, I just plain forgot! A recent email or two jogged my faulty memory. So here it is -- the long-awaited, much-anticipated recipe for La Montagne's tofu fajitas:
olive oil for pan
one red onion
one chopped red pepper
1 cup chopped button mushrooms
1 cup chopped red tomato
1 teaspoon ground cumin
chili powder to taste
fried tofu (in strips)
pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, lime juice, onion, and cilantro)
warmed tortillas
chopped lettuce

Coat a frying pan with olive oil and add onion, red pepper, mushrooms, and tomato. Toss at medium heat. Add cumin, chili powder, and then the fried tofu strips. Serve on top of lettuce with tortillas and pico de gallo on the side.

3 comments:

Bianca said...

I love the folded tortilla. So old school. I really wish that place was still open.

Unknown said...

Better late than never.

Leslely said...

Argh, I really miss La Montagne. It was a favorite of mine long before I became vegetarian.