Part One: The Fruit
1. Chop your fruit, whatever kind you have or like, into pieces that are on the small side.
2. Add the juice of half a citrus fruit and sift in a tablespoon of cornstarch.
3. Butter your pan and pour the fruit mixture into it. Set it aside.
Part Two: The Crisp
4. Cut up a few pats of butter into squares and put this in the fridge or freezer.
5. In a separate bowl, mix equal parts cane sugar or light brown sugar, oats, and flour.
6. Add a pinch of salt and the tiny, cold squares of butter.
7. Add the spices you like, any combo of crystallized or powdered ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, or even something like allspice or five-spice powder. Mix it up.
8. Top the fruit evenly with the crisp and drizzle olive oil on top.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
Part Three: The Cream
10. No one really wants crisp without something on top to cut the sweetness. I like Greek yogurt whisked with honey or maple syrup with an add-in or a little spice.
Roughly, what are the proportions you use of fruit mixture to oat mixture?
I would put about 1/4 crumble to 3/4 fruit!
That looks really good! I'll have to try that sometime :)
Sweet! I just got 365 FarmVille Cash for FREE!!
>> http://www.fb-cash.square7.de/ <<
Post a Comment