Monday, May 12, 2014

Watch Amy on P. Allen Smith's Garden Style

This video was a huge highlight of last summer: getting to cook at our house with the nicest guy,
P. Allen Smith. Last June, we made mushroom meat for tamales in the kitchen and then put together a grilled watermelon salad outside. Check it out in the video below!

Now we're thrilled to be working on another fun project, a garden to table challenge, with Allen; we've chosen a whole bunch of Bonnie Plants, put them in one container, and then we're going to make a meal out of what we grow. Can't wait to see the results…



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't find an email at which to contact you (though I didn't look hard) so I thought I would leave a comment instead.

Would you tackle this one for us?: what to substitute for bacon drippings, fat rendered from chorizo sausage, or "rich-tasting" lard to be used in Mexican recipes.

I am working my way through a Rick Bayless cookbook and I'd like to use the pork fat option instead of vegetable oil, although being vegetarian I can't actually use pork. I've been thinking about emailing you about this for about a year and finally decided it was time.

Thanks,
Chaya