Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fire-Roasted Mini Poblano Peppers

Ahhh! The simple things in life. These flavorful little poblano peppers grown by Van Cheeseman of Flora Farms made one of my favorite meals, huevos rancheros, even better. I simply tossed the peppers in olive oil, grilled them over a high flame until lightly charred and soft, sprinkled them with Maldon salt, and allowed them to cool. The smoky, spicy, salty flavor of the peppers was a perfect complement to the richness of the eggs, the acidity of the tomato sauce and the starchiness of the black beans. Next time I get my hands on a few of these mini peppers, I'll stuff them with rice, cheese, and egg before throwing them on the grill. I can't wait.

5 comments:

nbjbk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MAC Cosmetics said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
air max 90 said...

fight...

Snowwhite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snowwhite said...

Grilled peppers - I love them! My favourite way to eat them: with creamy yogurt, slightly salted, and a hint of garlic. Yummie!