Friday, December 18, 2009

Easy Horchata

This isn't the traditional way to make horchata, but it suits me just fine. Don't let the simplicity of this little treat fool you. It's very delicious. Make this to go along with tacos or enchiladas or my poblano tamales. The sweet rice milk is the perfect foil for spicy food.

Makes two servings
2 1/2 cups vanilla rice milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (a little extra for sprinkling)
a squeeze of agave nectar (two squeezes if you like it sweet)
enough ice to fill two tall drinking glasses

Place the milk, cinnamon, and agave into a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. You want it to get a nice little foam on top. Pour mixture over ice and sprinkle the top of each with a little more cinnamon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's genius! I adore horchata, but the instant powders taste horrid, and sometimes I just don't want to deal with grinding all that rice up. I will definitely have to try this!